I have a direct, active style, and will work collaboratively to tackle whatever challenges brought you into therapy. We will find more successful ways to cope with and adapt to the difficulties you are experiencing.
When I work with you, I will ask questions and make practical suggestions that will enable you to make the positive life changes you sought by seeking therapy for yourself. Primarily, I use what you bring up in our sessions as material for our work together. I can make you aware of and help you change your thinking patterns and/or teach you some mindfulness practices. I will also use your memory of events that happened in the past, what is going on in your current life, your dreams and unconscious slips, and our interactions as a means of helping you achieve your therapeutic goals.
If you think we might be a good match, please do get in touch with me, by either calling (617) 876-6535 or emailing me at email@example.com. I will get back to you as soon as I can. If you haven’t heard from me in 24 hours, please try to contact me again.
Some facts about me:
- Born in Bogota, Colombia, where I lived until 1971; was raised bilingually and attended English speaking schools.
- Lived in Paris, France and have since then traveled extensively throughout the world
- At Harvard University:
- Studied Developmental Psychology as an undergraduate and graduated summa cum laude in 1976.
- Completed my doctorate in 1982 at Harvard’s GSAS. Dissertation on “Thought Disorder in Children of Psychotic Parents” was published in the journal, Archives of General Psychiatry.
- Completed a clinical internship at the Judge Baker Guidance Center in Boston and a postgraduate internship at Boston’s Children’s Hospital
- Worked and taught at Boston’s Children’s Hospital for five years.
- Worked as a psychologist at various private schools in the Boston area, and was a member of a group of psychologists who ran conferences for private schools.
- Since 1989, have dedicated my career exclusively to my solo private practice.